Friday, July 23, 2010

First Day of School

School was "blah". Nothing exciting happened, at all. I walked onto campus and it felt like I never left. All of that AP work kept me in the school mood. Everyone looked the same. And no one changed.

Seminary: wow...
Seminary was interesting. I enjoyed the first half sitting with Brad, Aaron, Megan, and Lisa. The Bishops came and made us breakfast. That was fun conversation! :) But then we split into classes... I'm going back to my regular class. And they all hate me. I didn't get the nicest looks as I walked in the door. I sat in the back of the room. And I STILL managed to get a pencil thrown at me. Yeah, fun times. I hate that class. It probably didn't help that I volunteered to give the devotional on Monday.... Our teacher is amazing though and I know that she'll teach me so much.

First Period: AP Language
Best class. Mr. Carrier is an awesome teacher and I can tell that he likes the topic of English. He's really involved with his students and wants them to succeed. He's easy to understand and relate to as well. That class is going to be FUN! I'm totally excited. When he called my name on the role... he just gave me this weird stare. I expected him to say something about Austin (since that's what all my teachers do), but instead he looked at me and said, "My sister has a cat named Molly. So, I'm just associating you with her cat." Uhhh.... great? haha

Second Period: US History
Boring. Mr. Johnson is an... interesting... teacher. I honestly don't care for him. He's one of the athletic directors at the school. His entire life revolves around sports. And, you all know me, sports and Molly DO NOT mix. I enjoy playing them and watching my friends compete. But I don't keep up with who's moving on to the Super Bowl and who just won the world series and which team won 7 to 2 in last nights game. Doesn't interest me. And what's worse, the ENTIRE class is made out of sports players.... football, golf, basketball, cheer leading. They're all in there. And then there's me: the musical drama kid. I'm going to see if I can switch into Mr. Bailey's history class that period.

Third Period: Show Choir
That room is pretty much my second home. Must I say more? It's going to be a great year with all of my lovely choir kids. :) I'm so glad that I'm choir president. I got permission to paint a wall in the choir room, do weeks of fundraisers, decorate the board outside, and have bonding activities. I'm already getting compliments from Yount about my organization and how the council is moving much smoother. Yay! This is going to be a great year! :) And the musical next year will be even better! :)))

Fourth Period: Pre-Calculus
Well, I have Mr. Gala again. I thought that this year was going to be bad, but I thought wrong. I have my friend Justin in that class and he's hilarious. So, I'm set to go. Although, there are some other drama kids in there too... and they pretty much hate my guts. haha! Don't ask me why, cause I don't know. But I had to deal with their dirty looks and stuck up comments all day. That should be fun! haha I can deal with it. It's not like I have to talk to them anyways.

Lunch: Short...
Lunch was so quiet! I walked in expecting Taylor, Quiana, Chelsea, Steve, and Eddie to be there... But they weren't. They're gone now. Graduated. :( So, I sat down with the rest of my friends and had a quiet lunch. Nothing exciting happened then...

Fifth Period: Intermediate Drama
Interesting. Very interesting. Drama is going to be so much fun. I've never met such an excited, upbeat, welcoming group of kids. They're all pretty much the coolest thing since sliced bread. And there was another MOLLY!!! I was shocked!!! Christian and Aaron Z. laughed at the expression on my face when her name was called for attendance. Amazement... The children's show is going to be amazing. Probably the highlight of that class. We'll be learning more about monologues and learning about how to wear stage makeup. I'm so pumped!!!

Sixth Period: AP Music Theory
Haha. Oh yes, this class should be fun. I already got in trouble today... I had to be separated from Tanner and Brad. Yeah, I'm such a trouble maker. I swear I wasn't talking though! It was NOT me! That class is going to take some serious work though... Lots of studying and practicing. It won't be easy. But I hope that it will be worth it. There are 11 of us in the class. I was mind blown at how smart all of these kids were. It's going to take a lot of work to keep up... But I believe I can do it! :D

After School: Lonely...
Normally I would go to the blackbox after school to see everyone. And normally I would walk with Austin out to the car to go home. But, today, I was all by myself. Lonely! It'll be like this for the rest of the year. I guess I don't have to wait on Austin if I want to go home ASAP though. And I can stay as long as I want (within reason) if I want to talk to people. That'll be nice.

But, I need some advice... And I'll try and be as discrete as possible but that's going to be hard. I just won't name the people... I had a conversation with a guy the other day that I was NOT expecting.
So, I like this guy a lot. And when he talked to me the other day, he said he likes me too. He said that he would love to go out with me, but he doesn't want to ruin anything between us. His last relationship didn't go how he thought it would. Kinda confused me...
Dating that girl wasn't good for him. But he reflects that experience to how it would be for US. He thinks that he would ruin things between us too. But, as I watched their relationship, he didn't do anything wrong. You can tell that he tries to avoid me at times... That he doesn't want to make conversation, or hug me, or help me with tasks. Because he doesn't want to ruin things. I don't think it would ruin anything! In fact, by him avoiding me, he's ruining it. And I'm NOTHING like the girl he dated before. The other girl wasn't even a member of the church (that's a big difference) and she wanted him to be with her ALL THE TIME. Things with me would not go the same way. At all.
Should I just sit back and let him figure this out by himself? Should I say something? I wish I could just not care about this... but I like him to much for me not to care. He's a big part of my life. Advice???

2 comments:

TOOMBS!!! said...

i was in the black box for like 15 minutes after school :P

Melaney said...

Hi Molly,
What exactly are you wanting from him? I think it might be helpful to tell him what you are hoping for. Then explain how you are different from the other girl. Be a good listener for him. Hear him out on his concerns. Be YOU! Besides, if he doesn't think you're the best thing since "sliced bread" like I do, then you can always look elsewhere.
Love ya!
PS. Mr. Dees and I had fun laughing at your funny posts on your blog. You're one funny girl!