Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Taking it to the Man

My schedule for my junior year is as follows:

1. AP Language -Carrier
2. US History -TBA
AB Molina
3. Show Choir -Yount
4. Pre-Calculus -Gala
5. Drama 2 -Garmon
6. AP Music Theory -Yount

I went up to Cienega today to change my schedule, they made it such a mess. And I have to clean up after them. Gosh. Every year, I find a way to NOT get health or economics in there. I'll end up being a senior and taking them online probably. Every year they promise them for zero hour, and every year they fall through. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

I was originally enrolled in AP US History. But so many things went wrong with communication and I never got the chance to do my summer work. I expected that I would simply be able to drop the class. Nope. They wouldn't let me. What?! I wasn't going to take this as an answer. So, with some advice and encouraging words from mom, I stomped straight to Mrs. Pena's office. I explained everything and demanded I be able to drop, or given an extension for my work. Well, it worked, she's letting me drop the class. Oh yeah! That's taking it to the man!

I kind of liked having a zero hour though. I asked her for the list of possible classes. But they were either full or I had taken them already. Bummer! I could always take another science that period... Honors Chemistry is open. But I don't know if I want to do that. The main reason I want a zero hour is mainly just because my friends have one. And, knowing me, I like to socialize. But they only have zero hour first semester, and I'd have it all year. *sigh* But I guess I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. Sorry everyone....

So, I'm really missing my friends right now. *sigh* Yeah, Caitlin is off at band camp... doing her color guard thing. Twirling a flag in the hot, 100 degree weather. Having fun with everyone. Aaron and Brad are at Rincon Rendezvous. Probably mountain climbing, canoeing, and camping. Anyone else is to busy doing the same, or already has other plans. And then here I am... Sitting at the computer. Writing my blog. Checking facebook every hour (even though nothing changes). And doing my AP homework. Yeah, I'm pretty much having the time of my life (sarcasm intended). Really, even my phone has been getting dusty. No one is around! That's really sad!

And now my stomach is growling... it's only 11:36. Something is wrong here. Maybe my "taking it to the man" moment worked up some hunger and burned some calories. I should do that more often. haha! Well, off to raid the fridge. See ya!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I always loved Chemistry!!
Maybe you would too!?