Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer

I can confidently say that this summer has been the BEST I have ever had! I visited Europe for eleven days. Our tour focused mainly on France, the French Riviera, and Italy. We traveled through Paris, Monaco, Nice, Pisa, and Rome. Paris was FREEZING! Quite a change from the Arizona heat. I felt like I was in another version of New York City with all of the subways, buses, and craziness. The Eiffel tower at night, when it was completely lit up, was breathtaking! We got the chance to go all the way up to the top. Although, it was to windy so the stairs were closed... I REALLY wanted to say that I had climbed to the top. But at least I still made it. Monaco was filled with culture; nothing that exciting. In Nice, we swam in the We also saw the Notre Dame Cathedral. Mediterranean Sea. It was SO blue! I had never seen water as clear as that! In Pisa, we saw the Pisa Cathedral. It had amazing acoustics. One voice would echo and resonate through the entire room. We also visited the leaning tower of Pisa. I tried to get one of those pictures that show you holding the tower up... but I failed. ha ha! Then we were off to Rome. One of the most amazing cities I have ever seen. The weather was hot, humid, and miserable... but the sights were amazing. We saw the Colosseum. I felt like a gladiator walking into battle as soon as I stepped inside! There were so many ancient ruins. I could talk for ages about it. But we got the chance to walk around Rome at night. It was just like the movies. The cafes were open, there was a man playing guitar on the side of the street, couples were sitting together by the fountain. It was amazing. I caught some of it on video, just so I wouldn't forget about it. Along with walking around, we went to the Trevi Fountain and threw in our coins, took millions of pictures, ate plenty of gelato, and spent our last night in Europe to the fullest. I hope that I can go back one day. I sure will if I ever get the chance!

I've been spending plently of my summer doing... sadly... HOMEWORK. Yes, it's that time in my life where I must take on the terrible AP (advanced placement) classes. I'll be taking three this year: AP Language, AP US History, and AP Music Theory. The homework is simple, just time consuming.

For the rest of my summer, I've been busy with friends. Now that I have a summer with my license, I've been able to drive to the movies and restraunts. To actually PLAN things to do. I went and saw Toy Story 3 (highly recomment it) with my friends Aaron and Christian. Went to Baskin Robbins with Aaron and Brad. :) Visited with Steve at his "dojo", Java Edge, I'm glad that he got a job so close that I can visit him now that he's graduated. Caitlin and I have had our share of hilarious phone calls, kidnappings, panda meetings, and sleepovers. I'm hoping on getting a group of friends sometime this summer and taking a trip up to Mt. Lemmon for the day. I think it sounds like BUNCHES of fun. :)

And, I MUST mention this, for my aunts of course. Ha ha! They've asked so many questions about it, that I might as well tell the story. Just on Monday, I went on a date with a guy from my stake, named Brad. We met this year. He was in my seminary class and in the musical with me. We have a lot in common, and we have a lot of fun together. On the date, we went bowling and then to pizza. We went with three other couples, DON'T WORRY! ha ha! It was amazing and so much fun. And, yes, I hope he asks me out again. :)

School is going to be excited and packed. My schedule will be: AP US History, AP Language, AP Music Theory, Health, Show Choir, Pre-Calculus, and Intermediate Drama. I hope I won't be to stressed out with homework... and I hope I can find time to hang out with friends. The musical will be amazing this year! And so will the rest of the school year! I just have this gut feeling about it. Then again, I've had that feeling about every year. Ha ha! I think that's it... my summer... in a nutshell.

2 comments:

2pattyesque said...

So glad you're showing compassion on your aunts! :0) Keep up the good work, Molly!

Claire said...

Thank you Molly!!

Love ya