Tuesday, July 1, 2008

EFY (Especially For Youth)

It's hard to describe this expirience. Last week I had the opportunity to go to Especially for Youth in Flagstaff. It was so much fun to be able to go to a camp that had all LDS kids and councilors. Our councilors were the greatest!!! Their names were Sarah and Dan (we called him "Dan the Lady's Man".... because all the girl councilors LOVED him). They were hilarious and they helped everyone get the most they could out of EFY.
The dances were positively amazing! It was great because all of the kids were actually dancing! I was asked to dance about 6 times every dance (which doesn't normally happen). Everyone was so friendly and made easy conversation.
We were separated into companies (or groups) of about 20- 30 people. They also separated it by age (14-15... 16-18). My group was fantastic!!! I met so many new people and hopefully I'll see them again at future EFY sessions. One person that was an especially great friend was this guy named Brent. He would always put away our trays and push in our chairs. He would also make sure that everyone was included. It was great!
The expirience was also very spiritual. We had several classes everyday on any subject we wanted. The speakers were mostly church writers or seminary teachers. I learned so much and took so many notes.
There is so much more to talk about... but I just don't have the time to write it all down! If you really want a good spiritual and fun expirience I would seriously encourage you to go to EFY for yourself. It will be a life changing expirience for you. I know it was for me.

4 comments:

familywithfivekids said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time!

mylittlegems said...

Molly- cute blog!! You are one cute girl! You will have to babysit again- Landon loves you!

Jo-Anne said...

HI Molly! I am so glad to see you have created your own blog! Ragan and Makenzie have one, too, but they haven't been making too many posts lately...
Your EFY experience sounds like it was a blast! Do you know that my kids still keep in contact with some of the people they met at EFY? They really forged some life-long friends. And the spiritual part, well, it just doesn't get much better than EFY! :)
Keep smiling!

Kai said...

I just wanted to say hi! I am McCall... ♥