Monday, January 5, 2009

What should I blog about?!

I'm having writers block. I apologize. But, I'll try and think of things that have happened since I last blogged.

Well, today was our first day back to a new semester. I've been having some trouble with my English teacher and I REALLY wasn't excited to go back to her class. I tried to get out, but no luck. Not to mention that fact that she has us doing two projects at the moment (and one more starting next week). I'm really stressing out over this stuff. Thankfully my other teachers haven't given us that much homework (well, at least right now). But, I guess that's what you get when you're in three honors classes.

Christmas was great! but it just felt different from any other year. I don't know why. The excitement and the "magic" just wasn't there. I kind of wish that we had family with us, but since we don't have family near by, I guess that's not possible without months of planning.

The New Years Eve dance came... and went. Once again, I was disappointed with the lack of dancing that was going on by yours truly. I don't know what the deal was with the guys in our stake. They'd come and walk to you, make eye contact, smile, and just when you think that they're going to ask you...... THEY WALK AWAY! Can you believe it? I danced four times. Twice with a guy named Tyler, once with a guy named Josh (both in my ward, by the way), and once with my dad. I was quite disappointed! I know what you're saying: "Oh, Molly! Just go ask a guy to dance! They'll say yes!" oh, oh, oh. I said that to myself plenty of times at the dance. But, it's really not that easy. I always feel bad for getting mad at the guys for not asking me to dance when I couldn't possibly ask one of them. It's terrifying! I don't know how they do it! But, still, come on guys. Ask the girls to dance!

Today, we went to the Village Inn for Reid's birthday. But, I'm sure that my mom will write about that and I'm really supposed to be doing homework right now. So, I'm going to go! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Atkins Family said...

Dances have always been that way, you stand around and look at each other and talk to your friends. It will get better. Good luck with all your homework.

familywithfivekids said...

You're a good sport to go to the dances Molly! I have tortured memories myself of church dances. :)

2pattyesque said...

It is great to hear how you're doing. Good luck with that problematic English class! Good luck with all that homework--I know you can do it! And about those dances--I wish I had a magic wand. Dances are always a bit awkward. Aunt P.