Sunday, January 18, 2009

STOLEN!

Okay, just ask yourself... "Would I steal someone's history textbook?" Now, you're probably telling yourself that that's a stupid question. Who would steal a textbook? That's exactly what I've been wondering for the past two days.

On Friday I had some history homework that I had to finish up before school started so I just brought my book to school. Well, I had finished it and I went and sat down in my normal seat in History. I decided that I might as well just use my book instead of the class set 'cause I had it anyways. So, that's what I did.

Our first little assignment at the beginning of class required us to move around the room. So, I left my book open on my desk with my papers and my pencil inside. I thought that this would tell whoever walked by that I was coming back. Apparently this person was blind....

I came back to my desk and my book wasn't there. I told my teacher and she announced to the class that my book had been taken. She told them, of course, that they weren't going to get in trouble; I just needed my book back. Well, no one fessed up to taking it. I told her that it wasn't a big deal, and that I would just wait until everyone turned in their books at the end of class and just take the one that was mine.

Well, at the end of class she had one extra book. The problem was I didn't know which one was mine. They all looked the same! After about 15 minutes of searching through every single book for a familiar writing or a name, we gave up. My teacher just told me to pick the nicest one on the shelf. So now, I have a gross and dirty book that's been thrown on the floor and been touched my who-knows what....

Who would steal a textbook???

1 comment:

2pattyesque said...

That is pretty frustrating, Molly. You're right, who would steal a textbook and right out in public, too?!