Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The First Few Weeks of High School...

Well, it's been about 3 weeks since school started. I'm really suprised that I'm actually finding school boring! Normally, I love school and I look forward to going back every Monday. Now I dread the days.... I also have p.e. every other day for the whole year and I NEVER look forward to that! Who would?!


On the plus side, seminary has started. I've been having a great time getting to know everyone. I'm doing a great job learning everyone's names (we never played any get-to-know you activities) and I'm very proud of myself. Hee! hee! Well, what came as a shock to me was when I talked to my bishop on Sunday. He said that my teacher wanted me to be the seminary class president for all of the freshman. I'm so excited! I've already made handouts for all of the other kids to fill out. I'm going to do a spotlight on them when it's their birthday, just so we can get to know them a little bit better. We haven't officially had a "real" seminary lesson yet, but I'm still excited!!!


Everyday when I come to school, I just feel like I need to cover my eyes and ears! Have you ever felt that way? It's crazy how much stuff goes on. My brother would always tell me about some things that would happen, but I thought that he was just exaggerating. I can see that he's not.... I guess that the older you are, the worse things get. "Maybe"... I'll just get immune to what's going on around me. By the end of the year, I'll be able to tune everything out.


I'm already getting overwhelmed with all of the homework! I'm taking 3 honors classes and they're really loading it on. Well, my honors Geometry class really isn't that bad because I have an awesome teacher. He said that he doesn't believe in homework! Yes!!! But, my honors english teacher and honors world history teacher are BEST FRIENDS and they always give homework. They grade the same too. So, if you have a bad grade in one of the classes, chances are you have a bad grade in the other one too.


During the first few days of school, we only had about 3 people (including me) sitting at our table. Now we have it up to about 6! I can't believe that I've made so many new friends. I thought that it was just going to be our regular group... but we've befriended a few people. One person that I'm really glad that I met had, apparently, moved here from North Carolina over the summer and didn't know anyone. I felt bad for not inviting her to sit with us at lunch earlier. I had seen her everyday, walking around by herself. So, I invited her to sit with us. She's really cool!



The bus is sooo crowded! People are sitting 3 to a seat and then there are still kids left over (without a seat)! So, EVERYDAY I'm always kicked off the bus because all of the seats are taken. Then I have to wait for one of the other buses to drive by and tell them I need a ride to the school. Ugh! I hate it! So, the other day, Austin said that he wanted to go get his license on Saturday morning. But apparently, they made this law that says: "you can't have more than one person that isn't related to you in the car until you've had your license for 6 months"... or something like that. i'd better go remind him to get his parking permit before they're all sold out.

Well, I'll talk to you later!

1 comment:

familywithfivekids said...

I'm really enjoying your blog Molly!